Panorama.sk in SlovakSK
Weather

Genealogy forum

The thread for message No. 1120. Subject: Looking for relatives. (Sent on 18 XI 2004 15:02)

The Genealogy Forum is closed. We offer its archive from years 2002 - 2017. Use Google to search in the forum.

1120 - subject: Looking for relatives

18 XI 2004 15:02, from: Mary Misner
Looking for the name of Gmitter Maxin Bombik and Shultis

1121 - subject: Re:Gmitter, Maxin, Bombik

18 XI 2004 15:15, from: Zlatica
Mary
Can you provide more information? You know that you need to locate a name of a town in order to proceed with the research or to locate distant relatives.
Take a look in SK's phone book.
www.zoznamst.sk
Surname GMITTER, MAXIN,MAKSIN, MAKS'IN,

1122 - subject: Re:Gmitter, Maxin, Bombik

19 XI 2004 12:51, from: Mary Misner
As far as I know both my parents where from the village of Nova Ves and my mother's maiden name was Bombik.Mt Grandmother's name on my father's side was Gmitter.Thank-you for you info anymore would be helpfull and much appreciated Thank-you in advance to

1124 - subject: Re:Gmitter, Maxin, Bombik

19 XI 2004 15:17, from: Zlatica
Mary
The SK has several towns that have Nova Ves in its name. There is Bardejovska Nova Ves, Spisska Nova Ves, Tusicka Nova Ves. There are also some towns named Nova Ves. It might be Bardejovska Nova Ves as surname BOMBIK, GMITTER, and MAXIN shows up

1125 - subject: Re:Gmitter, Maxin, Bombik

19 XI 2004 16:15, from: Mary Misner
Thank-you for your immediate reply. I have heard my parents simply say they were from Nova Ves as they came to Canada in 1928 and my mother in 1938.I do believe that it may be Bardejove as I believe the church records may have been there.Tried your list o

1126 - subject: Re:Gmitter, Maxin, Bombik

19 XI 2004 16:33, from: Zlatica
Your welcome, Mary
The Bardejove would be Bardejov and thus Bardejovska Nova Ves.
You have any old correspondence? You could try sending a letter or two to the ones that show up in the phone book and see what comes back.
Glad to hear that the websit

1129 - subject: Re:Gmitter, Maxin, Bombik

20 XI 2004 10:46, from: Mary Misner
Once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart.You are most helpfull.I shall try writing and hopefully they can understand the English language as my slovak is not that good any more since my parents passed.Hopefully something will become of a written

1130 - subject: Re:Gmitter, Maxin, Bombik

20 XI 2004 15:18, from: Zlatica
Your are most welcome, Mary
More and more children and adults are learning English so it is OK to send it in English. Include your e-mail address and a photo of your parents for that extra visual aid. Do write a sentence or two in the Slovak that you

1131 - subject: Re:Gmitter, Maxin, Bombik

20 XI 2004 15:31, from: Mary Misner
My hearfull thank-you to you for all your help.I did not know were to start till I posted and you answered.You are God sent. The reson I feeled compelled to reach relatives in Slovakia is due to ill health and I trully would like to establish a contact.If

1135 - subject: Re:Gmitter, Maxin, Bombik

21 XI 2004 11:00, from: Mick arusm@yahoo.com
My relative is Soltis and he came from Bardejovska Nova Ves, you do not find church records from 1900's at LDS, you must write to local priest and ask him for information.
Mick /Kosice, Slovakia/ arusm@yahoo.com

1136 - subject: Re:Gmitter, Maxin, Bombik

21 XI 2004 13:58, from: Mary Misner
Thank-you for he informatin,Mick.I will try to investigate that.How are the Soltis related as my mother had distant in the USA by that name as well in Slovakia.Do any of the other names sound familar to you .Thaking you Mary

1144 - subject: Re: Looking for relatives

29 XI 2004 14:41, from: Mary Misner
Thank-you Zlatic.Thanks to you and the sites you gave me I was able to make contact via phone with a first cousin in Slovakia recently.I think your name is a variatin of golden and that you are.Once again I thank you. Mary

1145 - subject: Re: Looking for relatives

29 XI 2004 15:18, from: Zlatica
Your welcome, Mary
Yes, Zlatica - zlato, gold(en). Thank you for the compliment.
I am pleased to hear that you connected with the family. Blessings to you and yours.

Start of Genealogy forum: >>