Panorama.sk in SlovakSK
Weather

Genealogy forum

The thread for message No. 1376. Subject: Churches. (Sent on 10 III 2005 23:58)

The Genealogy Forum is closed. We offer its archive from years 2002 - 2017. Use Google to search in the forum.

1376 - subject: Churches

10 III 2005 23:58, from: Mari Jo Bebiak MJB48867@MSN.COM
I am still researching my Slovak roots and the surnames Bebiak/Bebjak/Buliuk/Benuska and Gezaka.
I know that my grandfather Jozef Bebiak came to the United States in the early 1900's from the Chynorany/Nitra region and am trying to obtain church records.

1377 - subject: Re: Churches

11 III 2005 0:30, from: Zlatica
Mari Jo
Did you check LDS-Mormons website for the church records? This might be the region that they filmed but the films are not yet ready for viewing. If they are not, you might want to wait, send a request to the archive or hire a reseacher in SK t

1378 - subject: Re:Chynorany

11 III 2005 0:48, from: Mari Jo
Mari Jo
I have posted some websites to your query on this board last year.
www.obecchynorany.sk
Surname Bebiak and Bebjak same pronounciation.
BULIK lists in Chynorany's phone book.
BENUS^KA lists in area code 38 where Chynorany is but nothing in

1387 - subject: Re: Churches

18 III 2005 1:07, from: thom gatley
Look the town name up in the LDS site(familysearch.org)under ancestral files. If there are any records copied by LDS, they can be ordered.

1388 - subject: Re: Churches

18 III 2005 12:02, from: Mari Jo Bebiak
Thank you all. I ordered the records from LDS yesterday.

1811 - subject: Re: Churches

13 II 2006 20:20, from: Templars of Chynorany janosik@walla.com
Let us know anything you need to know about Chynorany. Send us email and we will find this info for you. We are group Templar Knights from Chynorany

2370 - subject: Re: Churches

22 I 2008 21:13, from: Ondrej janosik@walla.com
Hello if this might help you I think that the surname Gezaka is mispelled version of surname Bezak. Very helpful would be if you know the nickname for the surname. There are several, I mean dozens of such a surnames in Chynorany.
About those churches,

Start of Genealogy forum: >>