Panorama.sk in SlovakSK
Weather

Genealogy forum

The thread for message No. 1427. Subject: town name. (Sent on 17 IV 2005 6:20)

The Genealogy Forum is closed. We offer its archive from years 2002 - 2017. Use Google to search in the forum.

1427 - subject: town name

17 IV 2005 6:20, from: Joan
My Grandfather came to the USA in 1887, on the ship list it says his hometown is Fallenolobon, at least thats what it looks like, his country is Austria. I cannot find Fallenolbon on any map, Sloviak or CZ. can anybody help.

1428 - subject: Re: town name

17 IV 2005 12:20, from: Zlatica
Joan
What is the surname you are researching?
The closes to the spelling I can find is Fallendorf which is now Tomasov, SK.
Up to 1918 the records would say Austria or Hungary. A map: http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/austhung.htm
What language did

1440 - subject: Re: town name

18 IV 2005 3:21, from: Joan
I'm looking up a Wilhelm Krisik, the closest i,ve come to it is Wilh KRISIK who came over to the USA in April 9, 1887 on the ship EMS. his wife Maria came over in 1892 with a 5 year old daughter, i'm not sure if this is the right Wilhelm Krisik or not - h

1441 - subject: Re: town name

18 IV 2005 4:27, from: Zlatica
Joan
When you say CZ do you mean Czech or using it as a generic term for anyone from Czechoslovakia? The Slovak Republic's phone book is listing KRIS'IK and KRIZ'IK. www.zoznamst.sk
Did you take a look in Ellis Island website at the KRISIKs? Several

1442 - subject: Re: town name

18 IV 2005 5:17, from: Joan
Yes I mean Czech when using CZ. The 2 Marias are my grandmother and her daughter maria. No I don't have any paper work on the daughter, I know she married a man by the last name of Morgan, but not sure if she got married in Wisconsin or PA, she died befor

1443 - subject: Re: town name

18 IV 2005 5:29, from: Zlatica
Joan
So than they considered themselves to be Bohemian or Moravian? That would be Czech.
The CZ's phone site is at :
http://phone.quick.cz and a listing for KRISIK in Rudnik, Rakovnik, Havlickuv Brod, and Cachotin.
Unfortunately a wrong manifest co

Start of Genealogy forum: >>