Panorama.sk in SlovakSK
Weather

Genealogy forum

The thread for message No. 1433. Subject: Bartal. (Sent on 17 IV 2005 15:21)

The Genealogy Forum is closed. We offer its archive from years 2002 - 2017. Use Google to search in the forum.

1433 - subject: Bartal

17 IV 2005 15:21, from: Treena Rowan tmkrowan@yahoo.com
I do know that the Bartal family came from Egbell/Gbele.

1437 - subject: Re: Bartal

17 IV 2005 16:15, from: Zlatica
Treena
Using One Step in locating an Ellis Island manifest www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellis.html there were 6 BARTALs from Egbell and 1 from Gbely. Check even a manifest of Matcj (Matej)Baetel (Bartal), BARTEL,and BARTOLs if you are missing an an

1438 - subject: Re: Bartal

17 IV 2005 16:23, from: Treena tmkrowan@yahoo.com
I know that one of the Bartals was my grandmother; one was my great-grandmother, and my grandmother had a sister, I believe. I've not found Mark/Marek so far from Ellis. Maybe I'll give it another look. He came over before his wife did, and said he'd s

1439 - subject: Re: Bartal

17 IV 2005 16:38, from: Zlatica
Treena
It is possible that he came thru other port and not Ellis Island.
Another possibility is his name might not have been Marek in the "old country".
6 BARTALs departed port of Hamburg but no Marek.
http://linktoyourroots.hamburg.de

1492 - subject: Re: Bartal

12 V 2005 3:49, from: Bill Tarkulich bill.tarkulich@iabsi.com
There is a MARK BARTAL on the 1910 federal census for Boston, Mass. Age 39 from Austria-Bohemia, immigrating here in 1893. Familiar? If so, suggests port of arrival may be Boston.
This subject lists a wife Theresa also from Bohemia, along with three

1493 - subject: Re: Bartal

12 V 2005 12:53, from: Treena tmkrowan@yahoo.com
It might be a relative. But my Mark's wife was named Kathryn, and the daughter who was my grandmother was named Ursula. Interesting, though - email me directly at tmkrowan@yahoo.com, and I'll pass this info to a cousin of mine who also has Bartal relati

Start of Genealogy forum: >>