Panorama.sk in SlovakSK
Weather

Genealogy forum

The thread for message No. 1547. Subject: SVONAVEC. (Sent on 11 VII 2005 2:09)

The Genealogy Forum is closed. We offer its archive from years 2002 - 2017. Use Google to search in the forum.

1547 - subject: SVONAVEC

11 VII 2005 2:09, from: Ann Storland lupielu3@aol.com
Looking to find the name of the mayor of Muranska Zdychava, Slovakia around 1883/84. There is a family story that has been passed down regarding the mayor and my grandfather. Finding out the name of the mayor back then, will help us in our quest for our

1812 - subject: Re: SVONAVEC

24 II 2006 7:24, from: george matejko george48@salmoninternet.com
My grandfather and his brother were Matejko's from Sumiac (Sumjacz). They emigrated to Johnstown, PA in the 1900's. My grandmother's maiden name was Mary Svorin.

2041 - subject: Re: SVONAVEC

19 VIII 2006 23:04, from: Dan Svonavec dsvonavec@hotmail.com
I was actually just trying to dig deeper into my roots too. my Great Grandpa Steve Svonavec and his brother John came to the U.S. and settled in the somerset PA area in the early 1900's. I wish i knew more but thats all I can tell you for now. i will cont

2607 - subject: Re: SVONAVEC

3 IV 2009 21:03, from: Donna Vargo Gorchesky dgorchesky121@comcat.net
My Grandmother was Mary Svonavec Janidlo. Steve & John were her brothers. My grandparents settled in Johnstown.
I knew Great Uncle Steve & Great Aunt Helen, but not very well. I remember cousins Helen Zaborovunchick (?), Joe & Steve Svonavec. I would

2669 - subject: Re: SVONAVEC

16 XII 2009 4:19, from: L Kaldon lkaldon@yahoo.com
Do any of you have records of "Joseph Svonavec"? He also came to Johnstown (in 1899 per Ellis Island records) and married Mary Medve in 1902. I wonder if Steve and John are his brothers. Joseph was born abt 1878.

2741 - subject: Re: SVONAVEC

12 VIII 2010 4:23, from: Stephen Svonavec svskma@yahoo.com
I am just starting to look into my family history but as far as I know Mary Svonavec Janidlo, John Svonavec (my great-grandfather), and Steve Svonavec were the only three children of John and Sophie Svonavec.

2800 - subject: Re: SVONAVEC

26 IX 2011 18:34, from: Shelly Hamm shellyhamm@gmail.com
Here's where I pop in, Stephen, and ask what you can tell me about Sophie (Fendrisko - sp?) Svonavec! Sophie (aka Josephine, I believe) was the sister to my Great Great Grandmother Mary (Fendrisko) Hajnak.

Start of Genealogy forum: >>