Panorama.sk in SlovakSK
Weather

Genealogy forum

The thread for message No. 1567. Subject: Devorick. (Sent on 29 VII 2005 3:04)

The Genealogy Forum is closed. We offer its archive from years 2002 - 2017. Use Google to search in the forum.

1567 - subject: Devorick

29 VII 2005 3:04, from: Dennis Devorick kimdevorick@comcast.net
We are looking for information about a Michael Dvorovick born in 1820 in Slovakia. His son Michael 1857 came to Johnstown, Pa
Michael, Jr was married to Mary Komet born in Vienna Austria, Hungary 28 Nov 1874
my name is Dennis Devorick I am a decend

1568 - subject: Re: Devorick

29 VII 2005 4:07, from: Zlatica
Dennis
You do know that you need to locate a precise place of birth for your ancestor.
Might your surname of research be DVOROVC^IK and not Dvorovick.
Something does not seem right, Vienna, Austria, Hungary. Yes, Vienna is in Austria but why is th

1569 - subject: Re: Devorick

29 VII 2005 4:35, from: Zlatica
Dennis
Are you one and the same person that posted on Dvorak Genforum board to a query posted by Raymond Berkebile? If you are, than do you have a place of birth for your ancestor? It sure sounded like your father has the information in the Bible. Th

1570 - subject: Re: Dvorovick

29 VII 2005 14:04, from: Zlatica
Dennis
Another spelling for you to include in your book,
DVOROWCSIK and DWOROVCZIK.
By any chance Mary's (Maria) surname should be KMET and not Komet?

1574 - subject: Re:D'vrovcik

29 VII 2005 17:52, from: Zlatica
Dennis
Researching while waiting on your reply. The scatchy information you provided did ring a bell as I was helping someone with the surname DVOROVC'IK. Do you know anyone named Deb with an e-mail lolaodoihc? She posted about her ancestor Michael bor

1576 - subject: Re:D'vrovcik

29 VII 2005 23:28, from: dennis devorick kimdevorick@comcast.net
yes she is a cousin, her father paul jr is a nephew of my grandfather john devorick

1577 - subject: Re: Devorick

29 VII 2005 23:47, from: Dennis Devorick kimdevorick@comcast.net
Yes I am the same person, Ray Berkibiles mother is my grangfathers sister. I have conflicting info on the Birth of Michael one report stated that he lived to be 105 was a farmer in Austria Hungary. He had 3 children 2 boys and 1 girl. John had 1 son na

1578 - subject: Re: Dvorovick

29 VII 2005 23:53, from: Dennis Devorick kimdevorick@comcast.net
Mary could be a Kmet, I have it listed in old notes from an Aunt as Kamec, Marriage license web sit from cambria county pa list name as Komet
I think Michael left Slovakia and went top Austria were he married Mary I have a record that he was 105 when he

1579 - subject: Re: Devorick

30 VII 2005 1:10, from: Zlatica
Thank you for additional information.
You know about the Austria-Hungary history at the time of your ancestor so I will not go into that. I have provided a map of that empire.
You have paper proof that Mike 1 was born in city of Kosice? If yes, than

1581 - subject: Re: Dvorovick

30 VII 2005 21:52, from: Zlatica
Dennis
I am sure you know that you start the family tree with yourself and going backwards to the ancestor that came from the "old country". I know you know, just making sure. You also know that each language has its own diacritical markings and pron

2010 - subject: Re: Dvorovick

14 VII 2006 16:43, from: conta conta@conta.sk
Hi, i am from sar dravce
what are you talking about?
write me on email

Start of Genealogy forum: >>