Panorama.sk in SlovakSK
Weather

Genealogy forum

The thread for message No. 1642. Subject: Zempleskey/Bardeova. (Sent on 15 X 2005 6:56)

The Genealogy Forum is closed. We offer its archive from years 2002 - 2017. Use Google to search in the forum.

1642 - subject: Zempleskey/Bardeova

15 X 2005 6:56, from: Robert Bogol Tbird3298@aol.com
Hi
These spellings where taken from a 1916 marriage licnese. I think Bardeova is now Bardejov,and easy to find on the map.Zempleskey is now Zemplinskej. Hard to find on the map.I believe they are both Eastern Slovakia.Anyone have acess to an old map 18

1645 - subject: Re: Zempleskey/Bardeova

15 X 2005 14:32, from: Zlatica
Robert
Bardeova is Bardejov and Zempleskey (sp?) means from Zemplin region. The town of Bardejov is in Saris region (Saros megye). You still need to locate a town in the Zemplin region.
The old 1910 Hungarian megye map is at :
http://lazarus.elte.h

1650 - subject: Re: Zempleskey/Bardeova

16 X 2005 2:07, from: Robert Bogol Tbird3298@aol.com
Hi
Thank you again.I can rule out the Bogols from Hungary because Years ago I wrote and got a reply from alady in Indiana who could trace her roots to Hungary and we wern't related.`I only knew what at an early age I had been told and what informatin I

1652 - subject: Re: Zempleskey/Bardeova

16 X 2005 2:22, from: Zlatica
Robert
You do know that up to 1918 the records of our ancestors would say Hungary.
A history of Slovakia :
www.adc.sk/english/slovakia/slovak04.htm
The BOGOL/BOGOLY that came thru EI from Bartfa are possibly related to you. You would have to look o

1658 - subject: Re: BOGOL, BOGOLY

16 X 2005 15:02, from: Zlatica
Robert
Using One Step/ Gray Form: www.stevemorse.org
from Bartfa : BOGOL Andras and Jozef, BOGOLY Janos, BAGOLY Janos; from Bardijov:BOGOL Josef.
from Matafalva (Natafalva): PRUNY, Istwan (Istvan), from Natafalva PRUNYO, Anna.

1660 - subject: Re: Istwan??

17 X 2005 5:59, from: Robert Bogol Tbird3298@aol.com
Hi
Would this be a name like Steve.I know that my grandmother had a brother Steve/Stephen who came over (can't say for sure)with her.PRUNYO sure looks like her. I'm going to write this person.
Ialso believe I may have located some of his realitives

1661 - subject: Re: Istwan??

17 X 2005 6:49, from: Zlatica
Robert
Istvan is Hungarian for Stefan / Stephan.
www.fam.aust.com/topolcsany/names first name translation website but no Slovak.
You will notice that John is Janos (Jan/Ivan) and Sue a Zsuzsana / Zuzana. Only Ellis Island manifests are on the inte

Start of Genealogy forum: >>