Panorama.sk in SlovakSK
Weather

Genealogy forum

The thread for message No. 1677. Subject: Slovak ancestors. (Sent on 28 X 2005 20:19)

The Genealogy Forum is closed. We offer its archive from years 2002 - 2017. Use Google to search in the forum.

1677 - subject: Slovak ancestors

28 X 2005 20:19, from: Michael F. Pupjak Jr. mpupjak@hotmail.com
Hello,
>
> My name is Michael Francis Pupjak Jr.
>
> My family roots are from the country formerly known as Czechoslovakia, and my grandfather mentioned to me that his parents grew up in a tiny town just outside of Prague. The only thing he can remem

1678 - subject: Re: Slovak ancestors

28 X 2005 20:27, from: Mick
Your Pupjak ancestors came from village Hubova, which is situated several miles west from town Ruzomberok, middle Slovakia.
Mick /Kosice, Slovakia/ arusm@yahoo.com

1679 - subject: Re: Slovak ancestors

29 X 2005 2:19, from: Zlatica
Michael
Take a look in Ellis Island website www.ellisislandrecords.org Janos and Katalin PUPJAK were from Gombas/Gambos which is Hubova, Slovak Republic. http://mapy.atlas.sk for locating a town in Sovakia.
www.iabsi.com/gen/public all there for r

1680 - subject: Re: Pupjak / Pupak

29 X 2005 4:03, from: Zlatica
Michael
It is possible that the Slovak family changed the surname PUPJAK to PUPAK or it evolved to that. Just a speculation on my part being that the area code 44 (Ruzomberok) is listing a PUPAK.
Janos PUPJAK arr. in 1912 was going to a brother-in-l

1690 - subject: Re: Slovak ancestors

4 XI 2005 20:35, from: Michael F. Pupjak Jr.
Mick and Zlatica,
Thank you very much for the information!
I'll continue to do more research on my family. Now I'll be able to pass along this information to the rest of my family here in the states.
Michael F. Pupjak Jr.

Start of Genealogy forum: >>