Panorama.sk in SlovakSK
Weather

Genealogy forum

The thread for message No. 1945. Subject: Uricheck (Juricek) genealogy. (Sent on 15 V 2006 16:39)

The Genealogy Forum is closed. We offer its archive from years 2002 - 2017. Use Google to search in the forum.

1945 - subject: Uricheck (Juricek) genealogy

15 V 2006 16:39, from: Mark Uricheck uricheck@aol.com
I'm trying to find any living ancestors in SLovakia. My family name was originally Juricek, changed to Uricheck at Ellis Island when coming to America. I believe that my ancestors came from the Castkov area during the early 20th century. Any help at al

1946 - subject: Re: Uricheck (Juricek) genealogy

15 V 2006 17:25, from: Zlatica
Mark
Your ancestor changed his surname after arriving and not before. The manifests were written up at the port of departure.
43 JURICEKs and 25 JURICSEKs did come thru the processing center Ellis Island. Which one is your ancestor? www.ellisislan

1948 - subject: Re: Uricheck (Juricek) genealogy

16 V 2006 16:17, from: John C. Orsulak jorsulak@intergrafix.net
Hi
A John Juricek from Castkov settled in the Hard coal region Of Pa. (Lansford).He married a Maria Uher , also from Castkov and family still lives in the area
John

2165 - subject: Re: Uricheck (Juricek) genealogy

20 I 2007 3:20, from: Lynne jlstaines@aol.com
Zusanna Juricek (paternal grandparent) married John Praskac in NYC. Both families from Castkov. Settled in soft coal area Faette County PA

2492 - subject: Re: Uricheck (Juricek) genealogy

17 IX 2008 18:12, from: John M. Yurrick jyurrick@yahoo.com
Hello, I am John Martin Yurrick. My grandparents were Martin and Kate Juricek from Castkov, Slovakia. I don't know much about them and any other relatives but would like to learn all I can.
Would like to hear from you.
Thanks, John

Start of Genealogy forum: >>