- A trip to the Vapenna Mountain
Rostun - Vapenna 752 m (752 meters above the sea) is the most interesting destination for hikers starting in the Solosnica village.
- Association of Local Tourist Boards in Slovakia
- Beckov Castle
The Beckov Castle lies on a 60 meters high limestone rock above the Beckov village.
- Branc Castle Ruins
The Branc Castle is situated on the hill of the same name. The hill (475 meters above the sea) is a part of the Myjavska Pahorkatina Mountains.
- Bratislava Information Service - BIS
Municipal tourist information service
- Cermel Walley Railway
Picture of the old historic train, Timetable
- Cerveny Kamen Castle
There are only two non-ruins castles around Bratislava. The first one is the Bratislava castle that was rebuilt in the last century and the second one is the national cultural monument Cerveny Kamen Castle.
- Devin Castle
Ruins of the ancient Devin Castle tower over the confluence of rivers Danube and Morava.
- Dobra Voda Castle Ruins
The ruins of the Dobra Voda castle are a typical example of forgotten historical castle in Slovakia.
- Dva vodopady: Malokarpatsky Obcasny vodopad 2009 a malofatransky Sutovsky vodopad
Koniec zimy v roku 2009 bol bohatý na sneh, a tak sme sa v aprílový veľkonočný pondelok vybrali k jedinému malokarpatskému vodopádu v Hlbočskej tiesňave s očakávaním, že v ňom naozaj bude padať voda.
- Festival of Historical Fencing at the Cerveny Kamen Castle
Festival Cervenokamenska Sermovacka will take place at the Cerveny Kamen Castle from 22.5. till 24.5. 2009.
- Hainburg an der Donau - Lovely Austrian Town with Medieval Walls
Hainburg an der Donau is the nearest Austrian town to Bratislava (about 14 kilometers away from Bratislava).
- Hiking trip to Zbojnicka Chata chalet
Hiking trip to Zbojnicka Chata chalet in the High Tatras.
- Informational pathways in Slovak National Parks
Informational pathways in national parks and in enviromentally protected territories in Slovakia. (In Slovak).
- Jasenska dolina
Jasenska valley, skiing, tourism, hiking, Velka Fatra, Kasova, Lehota
- Jelka Water Mill and Camp Sites
Where is better to have a water break in hot summer days in Bratislava?
- Kamzik Hill – Koliba area
The best-known part of Bratislava Forest Park is that one under the TV tower prevailing over the whole city.
- Klub slovenských turistov
Slovak tourist club, portal for Slovak Tourists, in Slovak.
- Koenigswarte - Observation Tower near the Berg Village
Observation tower offers a magnificent view from the oak forest in the east to the Vienna woods and to the first of the Alps with the mountains Schneeberg and Rax.
- Kralova Hola Hill
Kralova Hola (1,946 meters above the sea level) is the highest mountain of the eastern part of the Low Tatras range, in central Slovakia.
Funiculars in Slovakia, in Slovak language
- Lednice – Valtice, the Former Castles of the Dukes of Liechtenstein in the Southern Moravia
Not far from Bratislava, less than 100 kilometers you can discover the mondaine world of the princely family of the Liechtenstein.
- Malokarpatská túra: Z pravekých jaskýň až k stredovekej tlačiarni na hrade
Koľko prekvapení ešte skrývajú malokarpatské doliny?
- Martinské hole - Skiing Center
Skiing center, Mala Fatra, Velka luka, a downhill skiing and nice area for a cross country skiing, in Slovak
- Moravske Pole – Trip to the Medieval Battlefield
Moravske Pole (The Moravian Field) is in Austria near the Morava River. This place is known as one of the biggest battlefields of the Medieval Europe.
- Pajstun Castle
The ruins of Pajstun Castle are one of the most favorite hiking destinations around Bratislava.
- Plejsy skiing Center
Skiing center close to Krompachy, Volovske vrchy
- Presovsky informacny server
Life in the Presov city.
- Rocket Silos at the Devinska Kobyla in Bratislava
There was a rocket military base built in 80-ties of the 20th century. This base was closed and rockets were removed after the end of Communism.
- Ruins of the Biely Kamen Castle and Historic Town Sväty Jur
Besides Pottenburg Castle ruins, there are other castle ruins which are close to Bratislava and less known for Bratislavans - ruins of the Biely Kamen Castle (The White Stone) above the town Sväty Jur.
- Ruins of the Pottenburg Castle and the Kingly Outlook
On the hill between Wolfsthal and Berg there are the ruins of the former fortress Pottenburg (260 m).
Skiing centers, snow reports
- Skiing Center Drienica - Lysa
- Skiing Center Skalka - Kremnica
Skiing - lifts, downhill, crosscountry, accommodations, maps, how to get there, the website in Slovak only - October 2002
- Skipark Erika
Skiing center 25 kilometers away from Kosice. Volovske vrchy mountains, Zlata Idka.
- Slovak union of agrotourism
- Slovensky raj - the Slovak Paradise is a Unique Natural Attraction
Slovak Paradise National Park is situated in the Eastern Slovakia and it is one of nine national parks in Slovakia.
- Slowakije startpagina
Many useful links about Slovakia. For Slovaks in The Netherlands or Belgium, and for people in Slovakia who speak Dutch
- Spoznávame Prosiecku dolinu
This page is Slovak only
- Strecno Castle Invitation
After Winter break the medieval Strecno Castle opened its gates on March 14, 2009.
- Štrbské pleso sa môže zaradiť medzi sedem divov sveta
ŠTRBA 26. júna (WEBNOVINY) – Ešte do 7. júla je možné hlasovať za nových sedem prírodných divov sveta.
- TANAP - The High Tatras National Park Administration
- The Fame of the Cachtice Castle Springs from the Dark History of the Bloody Lady
The Cachtice Castle is one of the frontier castles in the Little Carpathians Mountains.
- The Herlany Geyser
Geyser Herlany, in Slovak only.
- The Korlat Castle
A medieval castle ruin was built in the mid-13th century. As a royal castle it protected the western frontier of the Kingdom of Hungary.
- The Monument of the General Milan Rastislav Stefanik on the Bradlo Hill
The monument was designed by the architect Dusan Jurkovic and it is inscribed in the UNESCO list of monuments.
- The Occasional Waterfall in the Hlboca Valley
The Occasional waterfall in the Small Carpathians Mountains really exists only in the spring, when ice is melting.
- The Ostry Kamen Castle
Ruins of the Ostry Kamen Castle are hidden at the top of a hill close to the Bukova water reservoir. Some of visitors of this water reservoir even have not noticed these ruins.
- The Plavecky Castle and Surroundings
Medieval castle was built as a guarding fort. The first word of the name "Plavecky" has origin in the warrior tribe of Polovci (or Plavci) invited here by Hungarian kings after the invasion of Tartars in 1241.
- The Slovak Tourist Board
The official site
- The Smolenice Castle
The castle is above the village Smolenice in the east part of the Small Carpathian Mt. Originally it was medieval castle, which guarded the border of the Kingdom.
- The Tematin Castle and the Golden Eagle
The Tematin castle is located about 20 kilometers north of the Piestany town, more than 100 kilometers from Bratislava.
- The Topolciansky Castle and its Tower
The Topolciansky Castle was built in the 13th century and was abandoned in the 18th century. The Castle is located above Podhradie village, 14 kilometers away from Topolcany city.
- The village Devinska Nova Ves and Devinska Kobyla Mt.
It is the best starting point for (mostly) bicycle excursions along the Morava River floodplains,
- The Watch-Tower at the Velka Homola Hill
The wooden tower is 20 meters high. The watchtower provides a wonderful view of a country.
- Tourist Office for Male Karpaty region
Male Karpaty Wine Road
- Travertine near the Besenova Village
Travertine near the Besenova village is mainly of orange and yellow color.
- Trip to the Molpir Hill: The Waterfall and the Celtic Settlement in the Small Carpathians Mountains
There are remains of the fortified Celtic settlement from the Hallstat period. Archaeologists have uncovered evidences of cannibalism there.
- Trip to the Sulovske Skaly Rocks
Conglomerate cliffs called Sulovske skaly present picturesque rock towns, which are situated only a several kilometers from the main highway connecting Povazska Bystrica and Zilina cities.
- Trip to Velky Choc Hill
Temporarily in Slovak language only.
- Trip to Vysoka in Male Karpaty Mountains
Vysoka (754 meters) is the second highest mountain in the Small Carpathians Mountains - Male Karpaty.
- Uhrovec Castle
Uhrovec Castle is situated in the Strazovske Vrchy Hills.
- Velka Javorina - Bradlo
Site of the region, in Slovak only.
- Velká Raca - Oscadnica
Skiing, lifts, accommodation, Kysucké Beskydy, Laliky, Dedovka
- Veterlin and the Mala Skala cave - the Little Carpathiens
The Mala Skala cave is one of many caves in the Little Carpathiens, which are not open for public.
- Vratna - Ski centrum
Vratna dolina - Vratna valley, tourism, skiing, Mala Fatra, Velky Rozsutec, Fatransky Krivan, skiing - Chleb, Paseky
- Vrbove - Slovak Town with Leaning Tower
The town of Vrbove is located west of the spa city Piestany in the western part of Slovakia.
- Vysoke Tatry
Official page of town Vysoke Tatry
- Waterfall in the Male Karpaty Mts. - 2008
This page is in Slovak only.
- Webcams - Holidayinfo Slovakia
Daily info from ski centers in Slovakia.